Postdoctoral position (Post-doc #2B) wthin the framework of OPUS project financed by National Science Centre (NCN) in Poland
Organisation: Department of Inorganic Chemical Technology and Environment Engineering, Faculty of Chemical Technology and Engineering, West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin, POLAND
(Katedra Technologii Chemicznej Nieorganicznej i Inżynierii Środowiska, Wydział Technologii i Inżynierii Chemicznej, Zachodniopomorski Uniwersytet Technologiczny w Szczecinie)
- PhD degree in chemical technology, nanotechnology, chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, environmental engineering, or related areas;
- experience in photocatalysis and membrane technology;
- experience in analytical techniques related to the project subject (e.g. FTIR, HPLC, TOC, UV-vis);
- laboratory skills for photocatalysts fabrication and/or testing;
- experience in membrane performance testing as well as membrane module and installation development;
- understanding the aspects of photocatalytic membrane reactors engineering relevant to the water/wastewater treatment issues;
- a track record of high impact journal publications related to project subject;
- participation in research projects;
- completed fellowships or apprenticeships;
- good English knowledge;
- ability to work independently as well as in international/interdisciplinary teams;
- accuracy and responsibility for entrusted tasks.
Moreover, the Candidate must meet the NCN criteria for post-doc position (https://www.ncn.gov.pl/en/ogloszenia/konkursy/opus17).
Research will be realized within the framework of OPUS project No. DEC-2019/33/B/ST8/00252 entitled „Photocatalytic membrane reactors with submerged membranes for water and wastewater treatment: micro-/ultrafiltration vs. membrane distillation”. The key responsibilities include preparation of photocatalysts; investigations on the treatment efficiency, permeate ecotoxicity and membranes performance in submerged photocatalytic membrane reactors with micro-/ultrafiltration (SPMR-MF/UF) or membrane distillation (SPMR-MD); daily cooperation with students and PhD students; preparation of publications and reports; presentation of the project results during conferences.
NCN call type: OPUS – ST
Application deadline: 24.10.2022, 12:00 CET
Application form: e-mail
Full-time employment for 7.5 months from January till August 2023. Salary paid in accordance with the NCN regulations (https://www.ncn.gov.pl/en/ogloszenia/konkursy/opus17).
1. Curriculum vitae
2. List of publications including a number of citations (excluding self-citations) and h-index
3. List of inventions and patents etc.
4. List of conference presentations (oral and poster)
5. Information on research projects
6. Information on scientific trainings, fellowships or apprenticeships
7. List of awards
8. Motivation letter with explanation of the interest of the Candidate in the position and a description of the research experience (in English)
9. Copy of Doctoral Diploma
The documents should be submitted by e-mail to prof. Sylwia Mozia:
Please add the e-mail heading: “Post-doc #2B – OPUS”.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin.
Selected Candidates will be invited for an interview – the date will be communicated to the Candidates individually.